Posted on: Sunday, June 3rd, 2007 by Tricia Erickson
Can Mitt Romney Serve Two Masters?The Mormon Church vs. The United States of AmericaArticle/Release written by Tricia Erickson, President of Crisis Management, Inc.Copyright March 4, 2007
- 1949 Clifford E. Young, Conference Report, April 1949, p. 75-76: When the Constitution of the United States hangs, as it were, upon a single thread, they will have to call for Mormon elders to save it from utter destruction: and they will step forth and do it. (Brigham Young, Journal of discourses, 2:182, Feb 18th, 1855. (Sandra Tanner’s site: http://www.utlm.org/onlineresources/whitehorseprophecy.htm)
- 1952 Harold B. Lee, Conference Report, October 1952, p.18 It was Joseph Smith who has been quoted as having said that the time would come when the Constitution would hang as by a thread and at that time when it was thus in jeopardy, the elders of this Church would step forth and save it from destruction. (Sandra Tanner’s site: http://www.utlm.org/onlineresources/whitehorseprophecy.htm )
Months ago, I was watching Hannity and Colmes. Sean Hannity, who I have great respect for, said something to the effect that “No one should criticize Mitt Romney because of his faith”. Well, Sean, you are one of my favorite people and 99% of the time, I agree with you, however, this time you were really wrong. Let me explain to you and the American people why Mitt’s Mormon faith is precisely the reason why Americans should be deeply concerned.
Let me ask you this: Would you have confidence in a president, in a time of war or otherwise, if he had lived a life of believing deception? Would you feel secure with our president if he not only believed in a fabricated religion, but he also is called by his church to preach this distorted gospel and spread Mormonism throughout the world? Would you feel secure with a president who is bound to follow a false prophet? Do you know that if Mitt Romney does not follow what the prophet of the Mormon Church tells him to do, that he is an apostate and can lose his place in the Mormon afterlife? Would you really feel comfortable voting for such a person to be the leader of this country and the free world?
When Mitt’s Mormon faith is discussed in the media, the standard response is that John F. Kennedy had the same question posed to him regarding his presidency and John’s answer was to assure the American people that the Pope would not be running the country. He assured the American people that his religion and allegiance to the Pope would remain separate from his office of the Presidency.
Please hear what I am saying. I can assure the American public that this same assurance by Mitt Romney to the American public would not be the same. I can assure the American public that if Mitt Romney were to make the same commitment, it would be disingenuous and not to be trustedI think we can all agree that it is important that the leader of the free world has the ability to discern fact from fiction. Otherwise, if he has lived a life of deception, we can conclude that he will continue to be deceived and that his judgment may be distorted. Because the wisdom, judgment and discernment of our President may be crucial to our survival, would it not be prudent to examine his fundamental foundation and beliefs? And if his beliefs are distorted, why would it not be critical to our existence to protect our country from being placed in the hands of such a person?
Let’s look at Mitt’s chameleon tendencies. Mitt is a former supporter of gay unions and abortion. However, in order to qualify as a “conservative”, he has changed his position on both issues. From Mitt’s perfectly placed hair style, to his chiseled looks, to his humble mannerisms, Mitt is properly displaying the “image” that he has been brought up in the church so well to portray.
The spin masters of the church are proficient and seasoned at marketing and displaying the proper Mormon image in which to exhibit to the public. Mitt, his wife and children’s apple pie, attractive, clean and wholesome image is the poster of what a Mormon family is taught to present. Mormon television commercials cast the clean and wholesome image of the smiling family that everyone wants to become a part of in their dreams. What could possibly be wrong with this picture?
A recent change in the Mormon marketing plan has been to claim that Mormons are Christians. This could not be further from the truth. Throughout the years of Mormon history, Mormons never called themselves “Christians” and prided themselves in their claim of “special knowledge” that others, including Christians, did not possess, as well as that the Mormon religion was the one and only true way to heaven. The purpose for this change in which, now, they claim to be Christian, is to mainstream themselves in to the appearance of Christianity in order to recruit unsuspecting Christians to their own religion which will bring 10% of the gross of their incomes to the Mormon Church.
Mitt Romney is a long standing, card carrying, temple Mormon. The Mormon temple is a place where only the most faithful followers of the Prophet and the religion are allowed to enter. In this place, Mormons participate in secret signs and rituals in which, up until the 1990’s, they were sworn by oath to secrecy that if they revealed anything about these temple rituals, this act would be punishable by death
. Here is the exact oath: "I will now explain the covenant and obligation of secrecy which are associated with this token, its name, sign and penalty, and which you will be required to take upon yourselves. If I were receiving my own Endowment today, and had been given the name of "John" as my New Name, I would repeat in my mind these words, after making the sign, at the same time representing the execution of the penalty: I, John, covenant that I will never reveal the First Token of the Aaronic Priesthood, with its accompanying name, sign, and penalty. Rather than do so, I would suffer my life to be taken."
These rituals consist of secret hand shakes, tokens, oaths, secret names and many other bizarre proceedings.
Another of the secret oaths taken is to consecrate your time, talents and everything which the Lord has blessed you, or with which he may bless you, to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints….(do you understand this implication regarding the office of the Presidency of the United States?)
From Richard Peckham’s site: http://home.teleport.com/%7Epackham/temples.htm, it is important to read two additional oaths of death Mormons have made in the secret temple ceremonies: “The First Token of the Aaronic Priesthood is given by clasping the right hands and placing the joint of the thumb directly over the first knuckle of the other person's hand. The name of this token is the New Name that was received in the washing and anointing ceremony. The sign is made by bringing the right arm to the square, the palm of the hand to the front, the fingers close together, and the thumb extended. The execution of the Penalty was represented by placing the right thumb under the left ear, the palm of the hand down, and by drawing the thumb quickly across the throat to the right ear, and dropping the hand to the side”. (In case you did not notice, this is the sign of slashing your throat)“This Token is given by clasping the right hands and placing the joint of the thumb between the first and second knuckles of the hand. The name of this token is one's own first given name if going through the temple for one's own endowment, or, if going through for the dead, it is the first given name of the dead person. The sign is made by bringing the right hand in front, with the hand in cupping shape, the right arm forming a square, and the left arm being raised to the square. The Execution of the Penalty was represented by placing the right hand on the left breast, drawing the hand quickly across the body, and dropping the hands to the sides.” (Again, this is a sign of slashing your chest through the bottom of your stomach)
In case you are wondering about my reliability to write about the Mormon Church, let me just say that I was born and raised in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the Mormon Church. I am a former Bishops daughter. I left the church when I was in my 20’s and it has taken me many years to deprogram myself from the false teachings of the church. The Mormon Church is based on a false prophet, Joseph Smith, who was a fortune teller and a money digger before he invented this false religion in order to back up his deviant lifestyle of polygamy and control. The Mormon Church has lied to its members since its origin. Please know that I am not trying to hurt Mitt or any Mormon. There are members of my own family that I love dearly, who are still deceived by the many false teachings of this church.
It is because of my former Mormon upbringing that I can speak to this issue with credibility. In order for you to make an informed judgment about whether Mitt Romney should be the President, you need to know what he believes. Here are just a few of many teachings that Mitt Romney, as well as, Orin Hatch and Harry Reid believe:
· Mitt believes he will become a God. He believes that if he lives a perfect life, and keeps all of the signs and oaths he has made in the Mormon temple, he and his wife will go to the celestial kingdom which is one of three kingdoms Mormons go to when they leave this life. The celestial kingdom is the highest degree of glory a Mormon can attain. If a Mormon attains entry in to this kingdom, he will become a God and be rewarded with his own kingdom in which he will continue to have sexual relations to create more children to populate his kingdom/planet. Brigham Young, the 2nd prophet of the Mormon Church stated:
o Mormonism is the "only system of religion known in heaven or on earth that can exalt a man to the Godhead”. Journal of Discourses, vol. 10, p. 251 (1863), Joseph Smith taught a plurality of gods, and that man by obeying the commandments of God and keeping the whole law will eventually reach the power and exaltation by which he also will become a god. Joseph Fielding Smith Jr., Doctrines of Salvation, Vol.1, p.97 - p.98:
- I recently heard that Mitt Romney said he believed in the virgin birth of the baby Jesus. I dare to say that Mitt may be misrepresenting his belief in the virgin birth of Jesus and may be continuing his pattern of pandering to say whatever will draw votes. Mormons are taught and believe that God came to earth and had sex with Mary to create Jesus.
- “God the Father is a perfected, glorified, holy Man, an immortal Personage. And Christ was born into the world as the literal Son of this holy being; he was born in the same personal, real, and literal sense that any mortal son is born to a mortal father. There is nothing figurative about his paternity; he was begotten, conceived and born in the normal and natural course of events, for he is the Son of God, and that designation means what it says.” (Mormon Doctrine, by Bruce McConkie, p. 742)
- Mormons are taught that God had a wife and was born from his father-God and wife, and his God’s father-God was also born from his God parents, continuing back through the beginning of time. In other words, there were always Gods who begat Gods who begat Gods
- Joseph Smith, the founder of the church wrote in the Book of Mormon that many American Indians are descendants of ancient Israelites who came to this continent 600 years before Christ. This has been scientifically disproven by DNA evidence, yet Mormons still stand on blind faith that this is true.
- The bible states that if a prophet prophecies a false prophecy, he is a false prophet.
- Go to Ed Decker’s site: The False Prophet, Joseph Smith "AND IT DIDN'T COME TO PASS...."Preface by Ed Decker http://www.saintsalive.com/mormonism/falseprophetjs.htm,which lists over 50 false prophesies made by Joseph Smith, the prophet, seer, revelator, founder and establisher of the Mormon Church.
- Mormons believe that Blacks were cursed with dark skin:
- Quote: Though he was a rebel and ASSOCIATE OF LUCIFER IN PRE-EXISTENCE, ...Cain managed to attain the privilege of mortal birth.... [H]e came out in open rebellion, fought God, worshiped Lucifer, and slew Abel.... AS A RESULT OF HIS REBELLION, CAIN WAS CURSED WITH A DARK SKIN; HE BECAME THE FATHER OF THE NEGROES, and THOSE SPIRITS WHO ARE NOT WORTHY to receive the priesthood are born through his lineage." LDS "Apostle" Bruce McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, pp. 108-109, 1966 edition, emphasis added. Article was written by a Christian, Peter Elias. Reference: http://www.exmormon.org/blacks1.htm
- Mormons believe that Jesus and Lucifer were brothers:
- Mormonism teaches that Jesus, Lucifer and all mortals on this earth were originally born as spirit children to God the Father and his wife in a pre-mortal life. Angels, devils, mortals and gods are regarded as the same species but in different stages of advancement or judgment. The two oldest sons were Jesus and Lucifer. Lucifer convinced one-third of his brothers and sisters to join him in rebellion and were expelled from Heaven. Apostle John A. Widtsoe explained. Reference: Sandra Tanner, http://www.utlm.org/onlineresources/ldsteachingonlucifer.htm
- Mormons incorrectly claim to be Christians:
- A Christian believes in the virgin birth and biblical truths. Mormons do not believe in the virgin birth which substantiates the deity of Christ. A great deal of Mormon doctrine is not biblical.
- They distort the deity of Christ which disqualifies them as “Christians”.
- Mormons believe that Jesus worked his way through “good works” to Godhood, as they can also become the same. According to the bible, this is blasphemy to claim to be a “God”.
In summation, just let me say that these are just a few of the peculiar and unbiblical beliefs of the Mormon Church. Mitt Romney is a Mormon. Thus, Mitt Romney believes what has been proven to be, in many cases, a false religion. Mitt Romney participates in secret and bizarre temple ceremonies in the Mormon Church. Mitt Romney is mandated by the Mormon Church to spread the “one and only true religion of Mormonism”, much like Islam is commanded to be spread by the teachings of the Koran. Joseph Smith, the founder of the Mormon Church has been proven to be a false prophet by way of his many false prophecies.
So Sean, maybe after reading this, you may reconsider your statement about Mitt Romney’s faith. I challenge everyone in the US to study and become informed about the beliefs of not only Mitt Romney, but all of the presidential candidates and what they stand for. We are living in dangerous times due to the threats to our very security in this country. We cannot afford to elect a president who is not equipped to discern the truth about his religion, or any aspect of any matters that must be handled in the office of the Presidency of the United States of America.
Articles by Tricia Erickson
|Will Terrorists Be Met With Appeasement Or Will Our Leaders Grow A Pair? See article here: http://www.theconservativepundit.net/?p=1472
|On Gay Marriage, Politicians Sell Their Souls for Political Gain
|If CPAC Is A Gathering Of “Conservatives”, Why Is Mitt Romney Invited To Speak?
|Clean the GOP House Or We May Never See Another Republican President!
|USA Today Magazine featured a 2000 word excerpt of my book
|Tricia interviews with National Talk Show Host Steve Deace
|Why Christians and Conservatives Sense that Romney Could Be Worse Than Obama
|Polygamy is in Mitt Romney’s Heritage and Spirit
|Hear my interview on InformingChristians.com on the underbelly of the Mormon Religion:
|Democrats Will Address The Mormon Race Issue, After Romney Becomes The GOP Nominee
|The GOP Is Once Again Serving Up “Fresh Meat” For a 2012 Democrat Win
|Conservative, Christian & Republican Lemmings Follow Mitt Romney Off The Cliff
|Right Wing Watch: Anti-Mormon Activist Warns 'We Cannot Afford a Mormon Experiment' with Romney
|Does Mitt Romney Belong to a Racist Cult/ with guest Tricia Erickson?
|Doctor Manning interviews Former Mormon Tricia Erickson says Mormonism is a Racist Cult
|Mitt Romney and Ron Paul’s Unholy Alliance
|A Mormon One-World-Theocracy Brought To You By Mitt Romney?
|Why Mitt's Mormonism Should Be Of Great Concern To American Voters
|Was on the sho: Broadsided with Vicki Childs and Carol Baker to discuss CAN MITT ROMNEY SERVE TWO MASTERS and surrounding issues of the 2012 election.
|Was on CROSSTALK Worldview Radio Show re: Mitt Romney and Mormon Religion
|Was on the Steve Deace Show, you can listen here:
|Romney’s Business Journey To The Ultimate “Acquisition” of the White House
|How Can Americans Rationalize A Vote For A True Cult Member To POTUS?
|Can Money Buy Mitt Romney Love?
|Can American Voters Have Confidence In Romney To Put Country First?
|On CNN Debate, Romney Acted Tough On Immigration But His Past Begs To Differ
|Just did radiio show: God and Culture on Salem Radio Network with Paul Edwards
|Mitt Romney Is Better Suited For Liberal New Hampshire Than Conservative Iowa
|Pacify Wall Street: Is Romney banking on big donors to buy the election?
|What Effect Has Mitt Romney Already Had On America?
|A Future President With A Literal God Complex
|Mormon Bishop’s Daughter Agrees With Jeffress, Mitt Romney Belongs To A Cult
|Romneycare! Get Your $50.00 Taxpayer Subsidized Abortions Here!
|Mitt Romney Is A Devout Member Of A Historically Racist Church
|Mitt Romney, Mr. Fix It or Mr. Fudge It?
|If Mitt Romney Is a Mormon, Does This Make Him a Christian?
|CALL ME CRAZY but Will Just One US President PLEASE STAND UP To Protect American Citizens?
|Obama’s Façade Exposed and Crumbling
|While Obama’s Yackin’, Our Country’s Slackin’
|Can Mitt Romney Serve Two Masters?
|KNOW YOUR ENEMY
|Adultery and Divorce
Previous Page :: Main Page